Monday, March 9, 2015

SAHM


I never thought I would seriously consider this option one day. I suppose life is never what you expected it to be. 2 months into being a mother of two, I realised that I may not have it covered as I thought.

We recently hire a maid from Indonesia and mistakenly thought that it would solve our problems. Well in actual fact, it brings in a lot of other problems.

She's constantly on the phone, talking to her 'child' as she claimed.

Today I took some time on the net, sorting out bills and searching for house to rent for our upcoming move to Bentong. When I got out of the room, I happen to find my eldest crying by herself in the hall. Our maid had left her outside whilst she and the baby was in her room and she was talking on the phone!

Not only that, my daughter claimed that the maid had hit her! Now my 5 year-old is one with many tricks since the new arrival of her sister, but I can't imagine her making up stories such as this. So I confronted her, and she of course strongly denied doing so. There was no marks or bruises, so I have to let the matter rest (for now).

Deep inside, I was panicking. This is not working! What in the world should I do?

Of course, I can install CCTV all over the house, but will it be enough?

What's more with the husband working away from Bentong, it would be impossible to commute daily. Both of us will be extremely busy once I start working, so who will be looking after the children?

All of my plans are shattered, broken.

Career vs the safety and wellbeing of my children..it was so obvious what's the right thing to do- QUIT!

...


No comments:

Post a Comment