Sunday, October 23, 2011

the matter of boybands

My teenage years were mostly centered on trying to fit in and surviving high school. I am not going to lie, some days were extremely difficult that i wonder how could i be what i am today. Things were just different. It was always about who is the most popular, who is the prettiest, who is the athlete, who are the perfect couple, etc. And of course, i am none of the above.

Little did i know, those things don't matter in real life (well, maybe sometimes). And..you can actually make it without having to be most popular in school.

Anyway, in those days, i found solace in boybands. BSB, N'sync, Westlife..they have been with me through all my hardships as a confused and clueless teenager. Their songs have been comfort to my ears and at times, brings out the inner determination and courage to be someone my parents would've been proud of

Which is why, I am proud to say that i love boybands. Period.





Westlife particularly, they are so close to my heart. I remember being ever so excited after i was accepted to continue my study to Ireland. Finally, i can meet Westlife IRL! i mean, it is only like their birthplace. How WRONG.

Over the last 9 years, not even a glimpse of a member of my favourite boyband.  And after they've broken up, Liyana is still here in their birth place, without ever having ever had a chance to meet them.
(I know mummy, Westlife is no more, what on earth am I doing in this forsaken place?)

Recently, i have taken a fancy on these lads..(recently being like over the past year)





JLS..

Cute faces, Abs like ironing board: yummiey..

even mia-chan is onboard






i know, i know...really need to teach her something useful like ABC or some other stuffs baby should learn

No comments:

Post a Comment