Monday, November 3, 2014

FROZEN THEMED BIRTHDAY PARTY


Yup. It's that time of the year again-your little one's birthday.

Needless to mention that I failed miserably every year- forgetting her birthday date (what kind of mother does that?), last minute preparation- I always managed to get a cake though at the very least and of course the dilemma every doctor-parents have- being oncall on their birthday.

Mia is a good child God bless her. She would be so understanding, and believed the same excuses I gave her every year.

This year though, I am determined to be the SUPERMUMMY! I am going to set up the best birthday celebration ever what's more with it being the last year she's going to be a single child.

So I have been googling and came across a few blogspots of crazy dedicated parents that threw superb birthdays for their little ones. The theme for the party is a no brainer of course:






I even got Mia all hyped-up with the idea. Turns out, this FROZEN themed party is nothing new because a lot of parents around the world had done it.
















*Mia likes multiple-tiered cakes..sebab lagi besar kot

And what's a FROZEN themed party without an ELSA dress?




Mummy pulak boleh pakai cenggini:


Hahaha. Poyo.

Goodie bags for the guests:









Food and table decorations:













So far so good. Until yesterday, when I realised that I am ONCALL on her birthday again!

Major dissapointment wei..Best part is she doesn't know it yet. She's crossing her legs while browsing through youtube on my phone. Mummy feels so bad. I was trained in breaking bad news, in fact I do it so often that I consider myself to be quite good at it.

But it comes to breaking news to your child that we won't be having a themed FROZEN birthday party because mummy has work..I can't do it. Not again. Her look of dissapointment would just kill me.

Then I realised, I don't necessarily have to. I mean, she is just 4. She would believe it if I said that her birthday is next year, or we can only celebrate it every 4-yearly because she was born on 29th of February or something like that.

I know, I'm a genius. Haha.

So this year Iman Damia, even though you are born on 5th of November, we're going to celebrate it on the 5th of December (that would gives me a lot of time for preparation). Don't worry, on the actual day mummy will buy you a slice of Secret Recipe cake and pretend like you're having it for being a good girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment