Sunday, November 2, 2014

The hunt for diaper bags


Last week was very heavy to say the least. A lot of happenings in the family..lost of loved ones, only a month apart from each other. Innalillah.

We are also still struggling to find a maid (Sigh), let alone to come across a good one.. so we left our little one at 'kampung' for 3 days while we're figuring out options. Needless to say, it didn't work out too well. I can't believe I missed her anthics so much so that I barely slept at night. She, on the other hand was doing too well without me according to my mum.

So she is now next to me playing with my iPad, once in a while interrupting me with her demands for Milo, banana or milk. Oh Mia, what would I do without you.

Another news to share is that I am currently 30 weeks pregnant. Alhamdulillah.

So what else would I do aside from looking for the perfect diaper bag? Hehe.

I've had a couple before for Mia, none of them too fancy but most of them are not practical for me. Some are too big, too heavy, very hard to carry around and makes me feel too mum-sy. Haha. Of course some people would be glad to feel that way, but I have to work for a living and No, I would not be caught dead looking like a mother of five who barely have time to look after herself.

Hence, the search for the perfect diaper bag begins. Too early?...maybe. But I'm need an excuse to get  me a new bag. Trust me, since coming home I've been real good and only got a Burberry (as a gift) a fews months back (which is like a gazillion years ago to me).

Here are a few that's on my list:

1. Storksak Olivia






This one is quite popular with mummies out there because of the multiple convenient pockets. However some reviews online did mention the hardy straps that bites into your shoulder upon carrying heavy loads. So it's a no-no for me.

2. Storksak Nina



This one looks ok-ish and most importantly affordable. I found it selling at RM459.00 at http://www.buggybabyboogie.com/. It also comes complete with a stroller clip that you can attach to your baby's pram on a day out.

My only concern is it tends to be on the larger side for me. I can imagine it sitting on the corner; dusty and underused.

3. Storksak Emily



The Emily is one of my top of the list. What's more it was a favourite for one particular celebrity:


Angie's diaper bag? Wah, I'm feeling famous already.

Downside? It's a bit pricey and it's only available in Taupe instead of black. Taupe makes me feel old la.


4.  Louis Vuitton Totally MM


OK. So it's not really a diaper bag. Tapikan, I think the side pockets are perfect for baby bottles. Haha.


And..Mrs Pitt also has one. What can I say? We have similar taste in bags kot. (Feeling celeb la sangat kan)

Downside? Mahal doh. But I think carrying and birthing a watermelon-sized baby is nothing compared to small financial sacrifice hubs taking. (Screams- buy it for me now!)

I have yet to come up with number 5. But hey, I have 10 weeks left +/- to figure out other options. Pening. But mummy don't mind doing it for you baby.

Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment