Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Buffet

Move over Downton Abbey..and helloo Desperate Housewife
Contrary to my earlier post, I've decided playing the romantic and tearful Jane Austin doesn't suit me at all.
We do after all live in the 20th century. Ladies wear pants and does other things than sit round the living-room reading books and writing love letters.
So we went to a buffet Ramadhan (duhh :p). It was in New Pacific Hotel in Kota Bharu, close to Hospital Kota Bharu. You can't miss this big purple building if you're in our capital. Although, I was quite surprised on how broken down this hotel looked considering it's age.
The buffet itself is nothing too fancy but I found it well worth the money we spent.
Mia-chan was also on her best behaviour tonight so I actually get to savor some of the dishes.






Don't expect extraordinary list of food, but it was more than enough for all us ( moderation is best :p).
The main includes nasi hujan panas, lemon chicken, sambal kerang, gulai kawah, ikan patin asam pedas, butter prawns and varieties of kerabu ( did'nt get to try any tho).. And of course, being in Kelantan means no meal is complete without 'budu' and ulams.
My plate looks like this ( first round)





Notice the small portion of rice? I did try to stick to my diet:(
But who can diet when you are served with this amount of food?






And finished off with..














I was so busy eating I didn't get to snap more pictures.
They also have these cute stalls offering tempura of prawns/ chicken/ fish/ vegetable, mee chambok ( not sure if i'm saying that right), kebabs, nan bread and chicken curry.
Desert are a bit of a downside..not enough varieties there- just local kuihs that can be found in any Bazaar Ramadhan and melon as fruit.
Overall, the level of satisfaction is 3 out of 5. That was helped by an onsite mosque for margrib prayer and a decent looking ladies room ( I always use this as a measure of how posh a place is. Haha)





My little one was also a happy camper. She gets to taste a handful of her favourite foods like prawns, ABC and ran round the hall without being disturbed..

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment