Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I miss you

Sometimes I do wonder if coming home is a good thing after all. I do miss the things , people, places in Dublin. I mean, you can't completely erase 10 years of memories over the span of a few months.
Below are things that I miss most:
1. Pasta- it was the staple of my diet. Every second day is a Dolmio day. Now, jangan kata pasta, nasi pon x boleh sentuh with the low carb diet I'm currently experimenting with.
2. Coffee-my favourites are Caramel Macchiato and Latte. A must before starting work, oh I miss the small coffee shop in front of the hospital reception..after the 8th coffee buys, you get a free coffee.
3. Work- I missed being busy. Busy makes me feel important. That sounds crazy, and I know I will not be saying that in a few weeks time.
4. Shopping-I missed clothes, bags, accesories...I spent hours on the net doing my research on new trends and what not (oh I'm just a hoarder)
5. Flying- when they're not shopping, they travel. Besides bags, my favourite search is cheap flights. In fact, right before writing this, I was reading a blog where the owner talks about Paris. Looking at her pictures reminds me of the time we went to Disneyland and 31 Rue Cambon. Oh I miss those times..




her first time



second visit














Of course I missed a lot more than the above. Our friends for example..






having BBQ outside our old house..





It's just one of those days where I missed Dublin. Tomorrow might be different. Actually, hearing Mia-chan's scream of excitement downstairs (playing with her Cik Su) kind of assured me that we made the right choice. 
Dublin and Europe will always be in our fond memories, but I'm sure we'll create fonder memories here..our home.



No comments:

Post a Comment